Flight Instructor (A)
- 0 (Registered)
The aim of the Flight Instructor (A) course is to give adequate training to the applicant in ground and flying instructional techniques based upon established teaching methods. On successful completion of the course and final test the applicant will be issued with a FI (A) rating permitting the holder to give flight training appropriate to the issue of a PPL(A) or a CPL(A).
On a full time basis the course can be completed in 1 to 12 months.
Below you can see the course structure:
Flight Instructor (A) – 1 to 12 Months*
FI — Training course Program:
Applicants for the FI certificate shall have passed a specific pre-entry flight test with a Superior Air qualified FI in accordance with FCL.905.FI(i) within the 6 months preceding the start of the course, to assess their ability to undertake the course. This pre-entry flight test shall be based on the proficiency check for class and type ratings.
The FI training course shall include:
- 25 hours of teaching and learning;
- at least 100 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction, including progress tests;
- at least 30 hours of flight instruction, of which 25 hours shall be dual flight instruction, of which 5 hours may be conducted in an FFS, an FNPT I or II or an FTD 2/3;
Prerequisites for the FI course (in order to enroll):
An applicant for an FI certificate shall:
- have received at least 10 hours of instrument flight instruction on the appropriate aircraft category, of which not more than 5 hours may be instrument ground time in an FSTD
- have completed 20 hours of VFR cross-country flight on the appropriate aircraft category as PIC
- hold at least a CPL(A); or
- hold at least a PPL(A) and have:
- passed the CPL theoretical knowledge examination, which may be taken without completing a CPL theoretical knowledge training course and which shall not be valid for the issue of a CPL; and
- completed at least 200 hours of flight time on aeroplanes, of which 150 hours as PIC;
- have completed at least 30 hours on single-engine piston powered aeroplanes of which at least 5 hours shall have been completed during the 6 months preceding the pre-entry flight test set out in FCL.930.FI(a);
- have completed a VFR cross-country flight as PIC, including a flight of at least 540 km (300 NM) in the course of which full stop landings at 2 different aerodromes shall be made;
Additional prerequisites for the FI course for helicopters:
*additionally, for the FI(H), an applicant shall have completed 250 hours total flight time as pilot on helicopters of which:
- at least 100 hours shall be as PIC, if the applicant holds at least a CPL(H); or
- at least 200 hours as PIC if the applicant holds at least a PPL(H) and has passed the CPL theoretical knowledge examination, which may be taken without completing a CPL theoretical knowledge training course and which shall not be valid for the issue of a CPL;
* The duration of the course might depend on the discretion of the student
- HCAA Handling cost (TBA)
- Accommodation fees and out of base landing and accommodation fees (ex. Night Flights out of base)
- Examination fees
Course structures may change without notice.
Do you have any questions for Flight Instructor (A)?
Curriculum is empty